Sunday, February 27, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Feb 28th

THE TOP IS DONE!!!  After making a lot of cutting mistakes and having to figure out how to fix it, especially since I did not have a whole lot of extra material recut everything correctly; I had to piece half of the cream blocks and in doing so, I was able to change the cream blocks around to make it look like it was planned that way. I am pretty happy with the results, especially after my bad foo-pah. What do you think?
The pattern called for a thin red border, but it didn't blend very well to me, so I changed it to the yellow.

I like the yellow border better. (Hubby's trying to hold it up without showing himself or his fingers - Don't you just love these camera shy men?)

The next pattern on my Design Wall is called Starry Starry Night. I got the pattern off the internet many years ago, so I cannot remember who designed it or where I found it.
This is a fun pattern and have found that I like doing flying geese blocks. Maybe I'll attempt an actual flying geese quilt. That will have to be a future project.

For more great projects and ideas visit Judy's Design Wall.

Also tell me how I did - I love compliments!




4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and I like your choice of a yellow border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilt a lot. You did well for all the problems and you didn't quit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good. The true measure of a quilted is how the fix their goof ups. The more complex the goof up and fix, the better the quilter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! I think you made the right choice on the border, for sure. And the Starry Night blocks will make yet another gorgeous quilt. Great job! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...