Saturday, April 16, 2011

Irish Chocolate Mint Dessert

Today was 'Super Saturday' where sisters of our ward get together and make crafty items, eat lunch, and enjoy each others company.
I was asked to bring a dessert. This is what I made - Irish Chocolate Mint Dessert.
Many of the sisters asked me for the recipe, so I thought it to be easier to post it here for all to enjoy. This is a recipe that is found in a Hershey's Recipe Collection cookbook that I enjoy.

Ingredients

1 ½ C. + 6 Tbsp.  Butter or Margarine
2 C.  Sugar
2 tsp.  Vanilla
4  Eggs
1 C.  Flour
¾ C.  Cocoa
½ tsp.  Baking Powder
2 2/3 C.  Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.  Water
1 tsp.  Mint Extract
4 drops  Green Food Color
1 C.  Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
Place 1 cup butter in large microwave-safe bowl; cover; microwave at medium (50%) 2 minutes or until melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat well. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder; beat until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Prepare mint cream center by combining powdered sugar, ½ cup butter, water mint extract and food color in large bowl. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly on brownies. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
Prepare chocolate glaze by placing remaining 6 tablespoons butter and chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microware at medium 1 minute or until mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool slightly; pour over chilled dessert. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftover dessert.

My variation: I end up adding a little bit more water to the mint cream center to make it smooth.

Hope everyone enjoys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...