Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A New Treasure

Many of you would remember that at the beginning of the year I'd set up my New Years Resolutions. Most people state that resolutions are set only to be broken; and with that I am sad to say that one of mine was broken, but repairable. It was the goal to finish reading The Book of Mormon by Valentines; I figure that it is not fully broken because I can still finish it at a delayed date.

But I am meandering away from the true meaning of this post.

I also set the goal to lose weight and become more healthy. The past couple months I have not done anything worthwhile concerning this goal. With the weight piling up and the desire dwindling down my head decided to do a last ditch effort to get on track. Somehow my brain communicated with my mouth to tell my DH that I am totally sick of my weight situation and something needed to be done, NOW! These last couple days my DH took it upon himself to help out and has been dragging me to the gym, of course I have been more than happy to go since my brain seems to still be in control at the moment.

Okay I am still digressing, but I am somewhat on the right path.

Yesterday a coworker introduced me to a website/blog that can help me in the path of healthy eating. It is http://www.skinnytaste.com/ ; In 2008 the owner of the blog started blogging for many reasons but one main reason was that she "couldn't find any good Weight Watcher recipes sites out there when I started counting points and I knew I could improve on what I did find". The recipes look easy and delicious and all the nutritional information is listed below her recipes for us 'calorie counters'. I am not into counting Weight Watcher 'points', but I am always on the lookout for heathier recipes for myself, my diabetic DH and out growing stepson. And I wanted to share my find with all my fellow followers that is on the lookout for healthier tasty dishes.

So once you have scanned the blog, and tried some recipes, let me know what you think, and I will also do the same.

Happy Healthy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that site -- I'll have to check it out. My hubby loves me in spite of my weight, so he's not a very great motivator (which is a blessing and an annoyance at the same time! I'm sure you can relate. :).

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...