Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome Spring?

Ah beautiful Sunday morning, woke up to the sound of birds chirping and this

The last couple weeks I kept reminding people and myself that there usually is a bit of snow/frost on the flowers General Conference weekend. Well it is now General Conference, yesterday (Saturday) it was beautiful, 70 degrees, spring was definately in the air. And of course this is what we woke up to this morning.
Okay I said a bit of snow or frost on the flowers, not completely covering them!

These last few weeks a lot has been happening to our family. DH got a job and needed to go down to Pheonix for training for what we thought was a couple weeks. He drove down and got about 5 miles out of town when the car broke down. He found a few nice fellows that helped him push the car to a mechanic, and then found another nice guy to take him and all his stuff to his hotel. His stuff consisted of clothes, dishes, and food for the next two weeks. In all the commotion, DH believes that he left his wonderful camera (the one I gave him on our wedding day) on top of the car, he did not realize this until he got all checked into the hotel and started to unpack everything. Of course he could not go back to the car until later the next day and there was no camera in sight.
After about a week into his training they found that they really had no idea how long they would be down there. On top of that a lot of shady things started to happen with the company, which I cannot talk about right now. I have put together a post of a lot of the things that DH experienced, but he does not want me to post it yet, or at all. So right now you will have to personally talk to us about his experience.
A couple days ago we decided that DH cannot work for a company like that and was able to find a ride home with another fellow employee (who may not go back either). It has been really nice to spend time with the love of my life and I didn't realize how much I missed him (he being gone a total of 3 weeks).
The normal plan was that DH would come home for a long weekend and then go back to Phoenix for who knows how long. During this long weekend I planned on taking Friday off of work and fixing him a wonderful romantic dinner and having it ready when he came home. My plans were spoiled when the guys decided to leave earlier, they got here Thursday afternoon. So my plans have changed, I am now going to fix this wonderful romatic dinner for him today (Sunday). It needed to be a weekend or day that I was off, because what I am preparing needed to be seasoned and marinating overnight and then the cooking time will take about 5-6 hours in the oven. DH was with me when I went to get the ingredients, but I kept everything a secret. He knows it consists of a Whole Chicken, Strawberries, Spinach, Mushrooms, Crab, Red Onion, Angel Food Cake, and a large mixture of Spices; but that is all he knows. Hopefully this will work out.
I will take pictures and post what this dinner consisted of, but I do not want to spoil the surprise right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...