Monday, June 13, 2011

Design Wall 6-13-11

I am at a crossroads in trying to decide what to do with my Scrappy Pineapple Blossom Quilt.
This is what I posted last week, however I started to play around with the arrangement and added the scrappy star that was made from the HST.
This is the arrangement that I came up with and really like, but now what to do with the background?

Sorry this picture is blurry, but here it is with the white. I'm not a fan of this because I am worried that the wonderful design that the white is making will get lost with the white background.

Here it is with Natural, still not a fan.

Here it is with a brownish background; its looking better.

And here it is with black, well sort of; the only black I had was the back of another quilt, hopefully you get the idea.
I need some help!!! What kind of background should I use? I kind of like my carpet color, light tan, but I am not sure. Like I said I NEED HELP!!!

If you want to see what others have on their Design Wall, visit Judy L's here.

4 comments:

  1. Great design! The pinwheels really work nicely with the pineapple blocks. For background, I think I actually like your carpet best. The cool variegated sand sets off the white & the colors nicely. Another thought I had was solid navy. Just as graphic as the black, but a little less strong.

    I'm sure whatever you pick will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the added pinwheels and agree with the above comment that the carpet color looks good! Have you considered sashing? I made a Pineapple Blossom and the sashing and cornerstones really added a lot to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the carpet. I assume it is a tan but a light gray might work too. I also thought navy as an option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that funny? I, too, like the color of the carpet best. I was thinking it was kind of a light gray? I love the setting.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...