Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally Completed!

I have been debating on whether to post this or not, and after a few quilting blog friend's encouragement I have decided that I need to post it even though I am not truly pleased with it.


This is a quilt that I wanted to do since a real good friend of mine (T) lost her beautiful black cat. When 'T' moved into her new condo, she decided that it was too quiet and lonely; a co-worker of mine was moving and needed to give away this black cat she called Angel. She had another cat that was white and I believe her name was Devil, which fit her demeanor, she ruled the roost and was very mean to Angel, making him totally scared of everything. 'T' fell in love with him and took him home, he was scared of everything, even the tile flooring in the kitchen and bathroom; that is when she decided his name needed to be changed to Boo. It took him a few years to completely relax and even be able to go into the kitchen.

Boo and T went great together. T would work on quilts and other projects while Boo would sit on the back of her chair and 'supervise'. Unfortunately after he passed away, 'T' realized that she did not take any pictures of him, so I thought of this to help her remember him and his wonderful life with her, his heaven.

'T' if you are reading this blog know that I love you and will get you this quilt soon.

Here are a few more pictures. The reason that I am not real pleased with it is because I machine quilted (my first in about 7 years) and it looks rough and unpolished.

2 comments:

  1. Kari, I think that is an awesome quilt! Not only do I think it looks great, but it is so thoughtful and wonderful of you that I know your friend will love it. What a kind heart you have. :) I so need quilting lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good, I love the colors. I know that 'T' will love it too. :) Great Job Kari.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...