Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lost Energy

This past month has not been a great month for me, somehow I seem to have lost all energy to do anything, I don't know why or how, I just don't want to do a lot of things.
I sit at my sewing machine, but I don't have the heart to work on a quilt project that is almost complete, for very long, luckily I made it a point to at least finish the stippling on a portion of it, I am machine quilting or attempting it. I have a few more border areas to quilt, then binding and it is off to my parents as a gift.
Lately my DH has been fixing our dinners, he is a good cook and enjoys trying new dishes (maybe not new to us but new to him in making it).
Church as also been on the very low of my totum pole of energy, which is really bad because I teach 17 year old gospel doctrine class, my sweet DH who was the Sunday School President would teach my class when I wouldn't show up. I say was, because he now has been released, so I need to somehow pick myself up and find my energy to go and teach.
Last week my parents came home from their mission (they served in the Guayaquil Ecuador Temple Mission for 18 months), while they were gone we watched over two over their dogs (the third one is at one of their friends') and tended to all of Mom's house plants. Now that they are back the dogs are happily with them and probably enjoying their new found freedom of chasing the deer, rabbits and whatever else runs wild in Monticello, Utah.
I did find some energy to finish painting the rest of our house (interior) and it now looks complete, instead of a few rooms finished and a partially painted wall.
Yesterday, while getting ready to leave work, I changed out of my scrubs and into my workout clothes with the mindset of visiting the gym for the first time in a few months. By the time I made the 30 minute drive from work to where we live, with the gym a few miles away, I justified that I needed to get home and start dinner so I don't have to feel guilty that DH is cooking dinner again.
I am also finding it hard to post blogs, but I believe that the reason for that one is because my computer doesn't like blogs right now. Everytime I try to read someone's blog, I get script error reports and it refuses to open it up (too many problems with this old laptop of mine, I just need a new computer), so I am back to blogging at work, which is difficult when your trying your best to not lose energy there.
ENERGY - where did I lose you and how do I find you again?!!!

1 comment:

  1. :( So sorry! Doing anything is hard when the energy is lacking. You should see a doctor -- it could be physical and an easy fix. If not, you may need anti-depressants. Exercise is good, even if it's just a leasurely walk. And dig into those scriptures -- you'll find amazing insight and energy there that you can't find in any other place. Love and thoughts and prayers comin' your way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...