Friday, September 30, 2011

The Fun of Creating

So lately I haven't done any quilting, at all. My reason? I actually do have a reason, I jumped into two other projects --- feet first; and I have been spending most of my time focusing on them.
The first project, I regret to say I did not take a picture of it before I gifted it. It was a beautiful crocheted baby blanket. It was made out of a soft variagated blue and yellow; then I trimmed the blanket with a solid yellow scalloped border. I have had this yarn for quite sometime and everytime I wanted to do a baby blanket, they always turned out to be girls. Just recently a good friend had a beautiful baby boy, what an opportunity I had to make a blanket for a boy and use up this yarn that has been waiting to be used.
I hear that the little tyke is really enjoying it and loves the feel of it.
The second project is a family cookbook (actually I am making two different versions). I was fortunate enough to get all of my mother's recipes when they left on their first mission for our church. During that time I entered all of these recipes, that were written on scraps of paper or gathered from friends and family members, into my computer. I then burned CD's of this collection for the family to enjoy and use.
Very practical I felt at the time, however during the years I found I would go to my messy cookbook collection to find a recipe before turning on the computer and looking it up. So I decided to compile all these wonderful collected recipes into one large book, having everything in one binder and easily accessible.
After discussing what my plans were to my parents, the thought came to make a few copies for our next family reunion (this is where the second version comes into play). The question was presented that "what if we gathered a lot of the family members' favorite recipes as well as obtaining recipes from my grandmother and great-grandmother?" the book would be more treasure-worthy and priceless.
Wahoo! I ran with the ideas and started to pass the word throughout our family for a copy of their favorite recipes. The response has been wonderful! I decided that a flimsy book would not suffice, so after some research I found an online 'custom company' that will make binders in small amounts.
Black_Stripes___Very_Big_by_iAmFreeman binders
This first binder is my overall master cookbook.
Make Your Own Bento Journal binders

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I haven't gotten any recipes to you yet. I remember then I forget. maybe I need to send a post dated text to remind me. :p

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think and how I am doing. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...